Training on Land
With an increasing number of veteran maritime professionals entering retirement, the need has never been greater for competent and skilled mariners. To meet this demand, Seattle Central College expanded its training facilities with the construction of a new building at the Seattle Maritime Academy, which opened in late 2016.
Students, professionals and community members can take advantage of this modern facility and our fleet of commercial vessels.
- Gain simulation experience to build skills in vessel handling, navigation, radar, Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS), engineering and leadership.
- Practice in our labs working with marine diesel engines and electrical, hydraulics and refrigeration systems.
- Train in the only program of its kind serving Washington and Alaska that is fully accredited by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Take continuing education classes for recreational boaters in small diesel engines, electricity, basic navigation, knot-tying, small boat handling and more.
- Rent the conference room and other spaces for training, meetings and events.
Contact the Seattle Maritime Academy to learn more about building reservations, professional development, continuing education and giving opportunities.