Give to the Seattle Maritime Academy
By donating to Seattle Central College’s Seattle Maritime Academy, you will help us provide quality education to the next generation of mariners. The Seattle Maritime Academy works to:
- Open more doors to family-wage jobs and rewarding maritime careers
- Provide a better-trained workforce through simulation exercises
- Meet the maritime community’s professional development needs
Become a Plank Holder
With the opening of the new Seattle Maritime Academy building, supporters have a unique opportunity to become plank holders.
Historically, crew members present at a ship’s first commissioning are given “ownership” of a plank on the main deck. Today, plank ownership is also applied to members of newly commissioned units, military bases and recommissioning crews. In keeping with this strong maritime tradition, donors can become a plank holder and receive personalized recognition in the new building for years to come.
This special giving program provides invaluable unrestricted support for Seattle Maritime Academy’s students, programs and operations. Thank you for your support!
Boat Donation Program
Through the boat donation program, you are providing Seattle Maritime Academy facilities to give students hands-on training or resources to support student scholarships and program development.
Once inspected by our staff, we may use your donated boat(s) in the following ways:
- Immediate resale with the proceeds supporting Seattle Maritime Academy programs
- Resale after improvements and/or renovations have been accomplished
- Educational use in the Marine Deck Technology and/or Marine Engineering programs
Donation offers of recreational boats and commercial vessels will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and we will consider the following questions:
- Is it in good working order?
- What is the liability or risk associated with this boat or vessel that Seattle Central College and Seattle Maritime Academy will potentially incur?
- What is the potential return on our investment in comparison to the level of risk should we choose to accept the donation?
- Could it be used in our continuing education, certificate or professional development programs?