Continuing Education for Recreational Boaters
Learn skills that will allow you to sail the seas with greater ease!
Continuing Education at Seattle Central College offers affordable, non-credit classes. Offered nights and weekends, classes are taught by local experts. They are designed for recreational boaters as well as maritime professionals. The following classes are offered throughout the year, though not all of them are offered each quarter. Learn more.
- Basic Marine Electric Fundamentals for the Recreational Boater
- Basic Navigation and Safety
- Introduction to Marine Diesel Engines for the Recreational Boater
- Knots and Brews
- Knots and Line Handling
- Navionics Navigation App on Your Mobile Device
- Plan Your Perfect San Juan Island Cruising
- Transiting the Ballard Locks
Want to stay up to date on new classes or when registration opens?
Sign up for the Continuing Education email list and select the Recreational Boating topic of interest.
Interested in developing a customized professional development training for your organization?
Contact us to learn how we can meet your needs.