We are committed to your success! Here are some of the resources available on our campus to support your academic journey.
Internships & Careers
Are you looking for a maritime job? The Seattle Maritime Academy faculty and staff work with leaders in the industry to identify career opportunities for our students. You can also learn more about maritime careers via the following links:
In addition, Seattle Central College’s Career Exploration Center provides you with workshops, resources and other services to help you land a job.
Clothing & Equipment
Seattle Maritime Academy provides each student with a hardhat, safety glasses, personal flotation device and immersion suit. Students are required to provide the following:
- Work Clothes – Sturdy work pants work shirts or coveralls
- Footwear – Safety-toed boots or shoes
- Foul weather gear – Waterproof jacket and pants or bibs, preferably in high-visibility colors with reflective trim
- Flashlight – Waterproof and pocket-sized
- Knife – Folding and locking with a blade length of less than four inches
Certifications & Screenings
All students must successfully complete the STCW Basic Training Course and Basic Firefighting Course. Seattle Maritime Academy partners with local training providers to offer these courses to our students at deeply discounted rates.
To participate in the at-sea internship (fourth quarter), all students must pass a US Department of Transportation Drug Test.
- MyCentral (Class Schedule & Online Services)
- Academic Calendar
- Learning Support Network (Tutoring)
- Ways to Pay for College