We are committed to your success! Here are some of the resources available at Seattle Central College and at the Seattle Maritime Academy location to support your academic journey.
Internships & Careers
Are you looking for a maritime job? The Seattle Maritime Academy faculty and staff work with leaders in the industry to identify career opportunities for our students. You can also learn more about maritime careers via the following links:
In addition, Seattle Central’s Career Services Center provides you with workshops, resources and other services to help you land a job. You can also check out the resources available on Career Hub, which can help you transition from school to industry.
Preparation & Equipment Needs
While the Seattle Maritime Academy does not promote any particular brand, below is a list of clothing and equipment for the program.
- Work Clothes – Cotton work pants (Carhartts, Dickies, etc.) and work shirts or coveralls, safety toed boots or shoes.
- Flashlight – Waterproof and pocket sized is best.
- Rain gear – Industrial and bright colored (orange, yellow or hot pink) is best. Other equipment suggestions will be discussed on the first day of class.
In addition, you will participate in an at–sea internship during your last quarter. In order to do so, you must perform the following:
- Undergo a benzene screening (for tankships)
- Pass a US Department of Transportation Drug Test
- MyCentral (Class Schedule & Online Services)
- Academic Calendar
- Learning Support Network (Tutoring)
- Ways to Pay for College