Get Started in Marine Deck Technology
The Marine Deck Technology Program is a one-year certificate program. Applications may be submitted at any time and admission is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. New students may enroll only in the Fall Quarter.
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent.
- Seattle Central College offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
- Completion of Math 087 and English 099 with a grade of 2.0 or higher, or placement test results that demonstrate readiness
- A valid Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC)
- A valid Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- A valid U.S. Passport (non U.S. citizens must hold a work permit or work visa)
Steps to Enroll (or be added to the Waitlist)
- Attend a Seattle Maritime Academy Tour and Information Session or contact the department for more information.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing/transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the math and English requirements.
- Submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the front desk at Seattle Maritime Academy:
- Seattle Central Student ID Number (ctcLink ID)
- Copy of photo page from US Passport or Permanent Resident Card
- Copy of Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Copy of Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) photo page and endorsement page
- Copy of Merchant Mariner Medical Certificate
Only applications that include all of the above items can be considered for acceptance into the program.
Questions? Contact the Seattle Maritime Academy for more information