Get Started in Marine Deck Technology
Start your maritime career by enrolling in the Marine Deck Technology certificate program, which accepts new students each Fall Quarter.
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent.
- Seattle Central College offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
- Obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC)
- Obtain a Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- Obtain a U.S. Passport
Steps to Enroll (or be added to the Waitlist)
- Attend a Seattle Maritime Academy Tour and Information Session or contact the department for more information.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing/transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the math and English requirements.
- Submit copies of your Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC), Merchant Mariner’s Credential and U.S. Passport to the administrative assistant in the Seattle Maritime Academy prior to registration.
Questions? Contact the Seattle Maritime Academy for more information