Get Started in Marine Engineering Technology
Start your maritime career by enrolling in the Marine Engineering Technology certificate program, which accepts new students each Fall Quarter. Now is the time for you to jump-start your maritime career.
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent. Seattle Central College offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
- Obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC)
- Obtain a Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- Obtain a U.S. Passport
Steps to Enroll (or be added to the Waitlist)
- Attend a Seattle Maritime Academy Tour and Information Session or contact the department for more information.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing/tanscript evaluations to ensure you meet the math and English requirements.
- Submit copies of your Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC), Merchant Mariner’s Credential and U.S. Passport to the Seattle Maritime Academy prior to registration or to be added to a waitlist.
Questions? Contact the Seattle Maritime Academy with any questions about enrollment and registration.